Hamburg, November 2008 - APPLICATIO signs the Charta of Diversity. The Charta of Diversity is an initiative of German enterprises to support diversity in companies in Germany. The Federal German Government supports the initiative and Federal Chancellor Angela Merkel is the Patron.
The ‘Charter for Diversity’ of companies in Germany
The diversity of modern society, influenced by globalisation and demographic change, has a strong effect on economic activity in Germany. We can be economically successful only if we recognise and utilise the diversity that exists in our society. This applies to the diversity not only in our workforce but also in the variety of needs of our customers and business partners. Diversity among employees, with their varying abilities and talents, presents opportunities for innovative and creative solutions.
The aim of implementing the ‘Charter for Diversity’ within our company is to create a working environment that is free of prejudice. All of our employees should experience appreciation – regardless of gender, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or philosophy of life, disability, age, sexual orientation and identity. Recognising and promoting this diverse potential creates economic advantages for our company.
We are creating a climate of acceptance and mutual trust. This has positive consequences for the recognition we receive from our partners and customers, both here in Germany and in other countries throughout the world.
Within the framework of this Charter, we will
- cultivate a corporate culture characterised by mutual respect and recognition for each and every individual. We are creating conditions under which superiors and employees alike will recognise, share and live these values. This objective requires full commitment of the executives and team leaders in particular.
- review our human resources processes and ensure that these support the varying abilities and talents of all employees, and our standards of performance accordingly.
- appreciate the diversity of our society, both within and outside the company and recognise its potential for the company when it is successfully put into action.
- make the implementation of the Charter a topic for internal and external dialogue.
- provide annual public reporting in regard to our activities and progress in promoting diversity.
- inform our employees about diversity and involve them in the implementation of the Charter.
We are convinced that practising diversity and valuing the difference will have positive effects on German society.